IMS Map360 operates entirely within the Windows operating system and has no hardware requirements over and above those of Windows itself, except as noted below.
We suggest the following basic system as a minimum for efficient operation:
- Microsoft® Windows 10, 8.1, 7 (SP2), or Vista (SP1) – any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit
- For 32-bit operating systems, install the 32-bit version of IMS Map360
- For 64-bit operating systems, install the 64-bit version of IMS Map360. The 64-bit version runs slightly faster, and can use all available system memory to handle large drawing files (the 32-bit version can access up to approximately 3GB of RAM on 32-bit operating systems and up to 4GB of RAM on 64-bit operating system.)
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or comparable faster processor recommended
- 2 gigabyte (GB) of RAM minimum (4GB or more recommended)
- 10 GB of free hard disk space recommended for typical installation
- 1024 x 768 VGA or higher resolution, video adapter, and monitor
- Graphics card compatible with OpenGL Version 1.4 or higher
- A compatible video card is required for the 3D rendering, point cloud, and animation engines.
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device
- CD-ROM or DVD drive for installation, if installing from a CD or DVD
- High performance graphics adapter, if working with point cloud data
- Available USB port for the USB Security Key
In order to use the data collector communication features, your system will also need an external RS-232 serial port or a USB connection for best performance with IMS Map360.
In order to get printed output, you will require a printer or plotter configured to work in your Windows environment. We recommend obtaining the most up-to-date printer/plotter drivers from the manufacturer's Internet web site.
IMS Map360 is designed for use with Windows 10, 8.1, 7 (SP2), or Vista (SP1). You will require administrative rights to install the software.
Note for Windows 98, ME, NT Users:
Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, and XP are no longer supported operating systems.
Network License Use:
Network licensing is available for multi-user environments. Contact us for more details.